Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Vampire Family--Week 1

From the Journal of Vlad Alucard

Entry 1



Vladamir Alucradiouso is too long of a name for America. Perhaps it worked in my native Russia, but amongst the Jacks, the Bills, and the Joes, I would be out of place. So I have changed my name to Alucard. Vlad Alucard.

Returning to America is the best decision that I have ever made. My father, a Russian diplomat, brought me here when I was three. At seventeen, we moved back to Russia. But now that I have returned, I feel like I am home again.

I bought a home in a small town called Trannsylvania, where I decided to work as a police officer at the local station.

This neighboorhood's homeowner's association sent a group of the locals to welcome me. One of them, a lass named Calista, has caught my eye, and I have caught her eye right back.


My, Americans move fast! Just this evening, we went on a very romantic date downtown, at a local establishment called the Crypt. Odd name, and quite gloomy from the outside, but the interior is quite nice.


Of course, Calista made sure to inform me that our relationship was not exclusive. I decided, therefore, to use this opportunity to meet other people and enjoy myself.


As it turns out, I am quite a talented D.J. Aliana, who is another of the locals, albiet quiet a formal one, told me so. We started talking, and I found out that she was my neighbor back in the Old World. A Romanian, in fact.

She seemed interested in a romantic relationship, but I am quite sure that I did not let her believe such a relationship was possible. We agreed to meet again, however.

Entry II

My relationship with Calista has developed quite well over the past few weeks. Nearly every night we go on a date.


She is a far more frequent guest at my house now. It is almost as if she moved in. She's there when I leave for work in the morning, and I pick her up from her house on the way home.


Perhaps I will ask her to move in soon. 

I have asked Aliana over. I'm going to tell her that we cannot meet anymore. Ah, that's her now. I'll add another entry later.

The rest of the pages are written in a rusty red ink that almost looks like blood.

Entry III

Perhaps I should start at the beginning. After Aliana arrived, we started talking about our relationship. I told her of my relationship with Calista, and that I must not see her anymore. One minute she was a normal, if rather pale woman.... And the next she exploded with fury, baring long fangs. At first I was struck with terror, but soon a strang, deathly calm overtook me...



And then she exploded again. I felt a sharp pain in my neck, and then nothing.


When I woke up, she was long gone... And I was no longer human.


As the sun rose, I realized how vulnerable I was. Recalling the legends I had heard while staying on my grandparent's farms, I dived under my bed. It's cramped here. In a few hours, though, it should be dark enough for me too come out...

Entry IV

For the last two days, I have hidden myself from the outside world. But no more. My new nature is NOT a curse. I must not let myself feel that way. It is a blessing. The blood of mere mortals is a small price to pay for my immortality.

I hired a company to quickly build a shack to hold my car, along with a coffin. During the day, I shall sleep in my coffin. When it's time to go to work, I will use my specially-made car to get to the police station. I must not leave my job. When I start feeding, I will need the police's influence...


 The good news is that I finally showed Calista my new nature. To my surprise, she accepted me as I was. In fact, she wanted to join me among the ranks of the immortals.


Who am I to refuse her?

Entry V

Vampirism effecting my patience. No time to write, can think only of blood.

Married Calista. Calista may be pregnant.


blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood blood

3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see you had another entry! I loved it, especially Entry V. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Well done. I'll look forward to the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete