Saturday, October 30, 2010

PlantSim-Week 1

From the reports of an FDA Inspector on Silah Zema's Farm

First time I showed up to the farm was when Zema was just getting started. She bought this small, brick house on a large plot of land. The house was a total dump, mind you; I wouldn't live there for free. But the land is great. Very, very fertile.

She cleared up a bit of it for planting, but it was probably too much for her. I doubted if she could plant and tend to that many plants.

Still, everything was in order, so I approved her farm. I told her I'd be back once her plants started growing.

When I came back a few weeks later, her farm was looking much better. She was tending to half of the prepared plots with no trouble at all, although she had some sort of bug infestation.

She got this pesticide from her neighbor, who was apparently a scientist of some type. Irshaw, Irshay, something like that. I asked her for a sample, so that I could test it out. What I found was astonishing: The pesticide was highly radioactive. Probably not harmful to the plants, and ingeniously designed to become inert after a few minutes. But she would have to take extreme precautions when actually spraying it, or else something bad could happen to her.

Intending to warn her, I drove back to the farm as fast as I could. But by the time I got there, I was too late. Her sprayer malfunctioned, sending radioactive spray everywhere. I couldn't approach until the air had cleared and the radioactivity decayed, but when I did, I was horrified.

Something very, very bad had happened. Somehow, Silah Zema's body changed from flesh to vegitation.

I couldn't allow her to keep selling her produce on the general market. For all I knew, the ground itself was infected by this radioactivity. I did help her find some private buyers who were willing to take the risk, though. So Zema kept on working, and her garden prospered.

Zema was changed. She no longer needed food, replacing it with sunlight and water. She not longer needed rest, and tending to her plants was all the entertainment she needed.

Frost, however, could still harm her. So as winter rolled around, she built a greenhouse where she could grow her plants twenty four hours a day.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, radioactive produce! I'm not sure I would trust Zema's veggies. ;) I like your explanation of how she was transformed.

    ReplyDelete